Memberships Steps for Ravens Wrestling Club
- JOIN USA Wrestling: https://www.usawmembership.com/clubs/2200132602/registration
- Download/Print/Complete/Return to Ravens Wrestling Staff: USA Wrestling Liability Waiver
The Ravens Wrestling Club is a nationally chartered USA Wrestling Club, which means its leaders, coaches and participants must follow their policies & guidelines.
The important benefits to participants & families are:
- Integrity: Coaches are required to pass a background check every 2 years.
- Safety: Coaches must successfully pass the rigorous US Safe Sports training each year & Clubs are required to follow US Safe Sports policies.
USA Wrestling is the National Governing Body for the Sport of Wrestling in the United States and, as such, is its representative to the United States Olympic Committee. Simply, USA Wrestling is the central organization that coordinates amateur wrestling programs in the nation and works to create interest and participation in these programs.
The many programs and activities conducted by USA Wrestling or the thousands of chartered clubs, provide opportunities for youth and adults alike to gain an understanding and appreciation for the international styles of wrestling, freestyle, and Greco-Roman, and folkstyle (scholastic and collegiate) which is the style practiced at high schools and colleges across the country.
USA Wrestling has more than 232,000 members. These members include athletes of all ages, coaches, officials, parents, and fans striving together to strengthen the sport. Part of USA Wrestling's mission is to foster grassroots development for the sport.
Each year, USA Wrestling charters over 4400 wrestling clubs and sanctions over 2100 local, state, regional, and national competitions. These opportunities and more are just a small part of the exciting world of USA Wrestling.
Members of the World-leading USA Wrestling Family enjoy many of the following benefits:
1. Participation in Local, Regional, and National Competitions.
2. Four levels of Coaches Certification.
3. The opportunity to travel abroad with Developmental Tours for Cadet, Junior, Women, University and Senior level athletes.
4. Educational videos and written materials.
5. Regional and National Training and Developmental Camps for Youth through Senior-level athletes.
6. Free subscription to USA Wrestling’s newsletter, which is sent electronically bi-weekly